We recently went for a visit to the Carmichael Fellowship Hall to make plans to return to in-person worship starting Sunday, July 19 (though still livestreaming to accommodate saints who can’t attend).
The Fellowship Hall is located on the south end of the property (opposite our usual gathering place, the Chapel). We will use the big parking lot off of Pasadena, rather than the Winding Way side. (See satellite image, right).
The space seems ideal for our current situation, and we’d like to share a few items with you.
Lots of details are on down below, but here are the highlights:
The Fellowship Hall is very large and has more than enough space for our use. In fact, we could accommodate all of our membership, plus visitors, socially distanced.
There are three areas for people to sit (with the ability to both see and hear worship) depending on their level of comfort: The main room, the lobby (separated by glass doors), and an outside patio (separated by a glass wall and with direct access to the parking lot).
There are sanitizing stations and convenient restrooms.
Now, some details for you:
- The plan is to start on the 19th at our normal time of 10:30 AM. (The other church that meets in the separate, main building also starts at 10:30 AM.
- We will use the large Pasadena parking lot (not our usual Winding Way parking lot) and there are plenty of spots. The other church also uses that lot, however their numbers are such that it won’t be a problem.
- There is a large, airy lobby that leads (through glass doors) into the main room; both have a comparatively high ceiling. Two nice bathrooms are located in the lobby. People could easily sit out there during the service if they choose (more on that below).
- We have ample space in the main room, meeting the health requirements, to have all of our members present and seated (if all were able to come), plus visitors.
- We will be able to use our Lord’s Table and Font and store them in the Fellowship Hall between services.
- There is a sound system that will be more than enough for our needs.
- There is also a built-in camera and video system, plus internet, that we hope will provide what we need to livestream the service.
- There is a beautiful outdoor courtyard separated from the main room by floor to ceiling glass. It has a couple of benches, a gazebo, and a little waterfall. We can place a speaker out there if there are those who want to be with us but not in the same room (understanding that though it’s shady, it could also be very warm). It has direct access to the parking lot and folks choosing to sit there would not have to enter the building.
- The above point means that we would have three levels of on-sight social distancing: The lobby (within viewing and hearing of the main room, separated by glass doors); The patio (within viewing and hearing of the main room, separated by a glass wall, and with direct access to the parking lot); and The main room.
- There is an on-site supply of new masks if there are people who forget theirs, and there are a couple of automatic sanitizing stations for our use as well.
Questions? Just let us know.