Epiclesis: An Ancient-Future Faith Community (“Epiclesis”)
Website Resource Policy
The Epiclesis website (“Website”) is owned and operated by Epiclesis: An Ancient-Future Faith Community (“Epiclesis”). For purposes of this Epiclesis Website Resource Policy (“Resource Policy”) any person accessing or using Website is a “User” whether or not the User has created a personal account or posted information on the Epiclesis Website.
3. Links From Website. Epiclesis has policies and procedures for including links to third-party websites on the Epiclesis Website. Third-party websites wishing to obtain a link to their websites from the Epiclesis Website must comply with all applicable policies and procedures, as in effect at the time of the link request and as amended, modified or restated from time to time. Epiclesis link policies and procedures are subject to change at any time and without notice. Please contact Epiclesis directly for more information about current policies and procedures.
4. Website Purpose, No Public Forum. The purpose of the Epiclesis Website site is to educate Users about ancient-future faith worship and to update Users on various topics of interest to Epiclesis and its community of faith. Epiclesis and the Website exist to promote and advance this purpose and to engage all activities permitted by law for in nonprofit religious corporations. The Website is not a public forum or open for public communication and debate. This Resource Policy and other Website policies and criteria have been established to preserve the nonprofit, religious, non-public forum nature of the Website and Epiclesis’s activities.
5. Criteria for Resource Links. Epiclesis may charge a fee for hosted links which comply with the Epiclesis website and resource link criteria (“Link Criteria”). For more information about Link Criteria, please contact Epiclesis directly. Epiclesis staff will review link requests to determine whether or not the relevant line is appropriate and complies with Link Criteria. Epiclesis reserves the sole, discretionary right to evaluate proposed or requested links, to refuse to link to any third party website or content, and to disable or remove any previously granted link, at Epiclesis’s sole and absolute discretion. Link requests may be approved and/or rejected based on criteria including, but not limited to, the following, at Epiclesis’ sole and absolute discretion:
(a) Whether the website and requesting person or entity complies or conflicts with the stated purposes, mission, and statement of faith of Epiclesis.
(b) Whether the website and requesting person or entity offer information, goods, and/or services which are appropriately private, secure, convenient, efficient, and accessible.
(c) Whether the website which would be accessed and referenced by the proposed link contains content, goods and/or services which are appropriate to and not in conflict with the missions, goals, and religious worldview of Epiclesis.
(d) Linked websites may not exhibit hate speech, illegal discrimination, pornography, libelous or defamatory content, or other obscene or illegal content; may not advocate or lobby for any political candidate or organization; and may not display any content, products, or services which might jeopardize and/or negatively impact Epiclesis’s status as a nonprofit, tax-exempt religious corporation.
(e) Whether the website provides an email address and/or customer service telephone number to enable users to contact the site owner and resolve problems with formatting, accuracy, timeliness, payment processing, or product delivery.
(f) Whether the website and requesting person or entity have a record of significant unresolved customer service complaints, fraud reports, spamming, or other negative feedback.
(g) Whether the website permits a user clicking through to view the website to easily return to the Epiclesis Website using a single click of the User’s “back button” and/or opens in a new window, allowing the User to access the other website without leaving the Epiclesis Website.
(i) Whether the website has clear “opt-out” provisions in advertising and email communications, and whether the website permits users to opt out of further communications and email contact at the time of purchase of any goods and/or services offered by the website.
(j) Whether the website complies with any other standards, policies and procedures used by Epiclesis to evaluate link requests, as in effect at the time of the relevant request.
Review Criteria and link standards are subject to supplementation, review, and change from time to time, at any time, and with or without notice, at the sole discretion of Epiclesis and Website.
6. Additional Links. The Epiclesis Website may link to third party websites containing information and/or goods and services which, at the sole discretion of Epiclesis, agree with or further Epiclesis’s purposes. Epiclesis reserves the right, but has no obligation, to link to any website and/or resource without charging a fee for the hosted link.
7. Right to Refuse and Remove Links. Epiclesis reserves the sole, discretionary right to refuse any link request and/or refuse to link to any website or content at any time and with or without notice or cause. Epiclesis reserves the right to remove any link from its Website at any time, with or without notice or cause, subject to potential return of prorated portions of Link Fees paid in advance, if any.
8. De-Linking. Links to third party websites may be reviewed at any time and may be removed from the Epiclesis Website for any reason or no reason, at the sole discretion of Epiclesis. Without limiting the foregoing, Epiclesis reserves the sole, discretionary right to remove any link to a third party website if: (a) the link no longer leads to the original information or resource, (b) information accessed by the link is inaccurate, misleading or violates the criteria set forth in this Resource Policy and/or as used by Epiclesis at the relevant time, (c) access to the linked information becomes difficult or impossible, at Epiclesis’s sole discretion, (d) the link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a significant period, and/or (e) at the sole judgment of, the linked website, its products, its content, and/or its owner conflict with Epiclesis’s mission, worldview, and link criteria.
9. Link Fees, Donations. Epiclesis may charge a reasonable fee (“Link Fee”) in return for including links to approved third-party websites on the Website. The Link Fee represents a reasonable fee to compensate Epiclesis for the time and cost of reviewing link requests, hosting approved links, creating or reviewing and approving Website Content identifying the linked website and/or its products and services, and other costs associated with approving and hosting links to third-party websites. Epiclesis strongly encourages the owners of linked websites and resources to consider making additional donations to Epiclesis, either in a fixed amount or based on a percentage of sales referred to the linked website or its owners by Epiclesis. While donations are not required as a condition of link hosting, Epiclesis encourages linked websites and their owners to consider the various scriptural admonitions relating to tithing, offerings, and support for churches, and appreciates all donations.
10. Contact Information. For questions regarding the Epiclesis and Website link policy, or to request a link, please contact Epiclesis at: info[“at sign”]Epiclesis.org