A little bit about us...
Children are a vital part of who we are as a faith community. At Epiclesis, we welcome the active participation of children and youth of all ages in our intergenerational worship services. We believe that kids and adults have much to learn from each other.
Sometimes the way children are involved in worship has more to do with the way adults feel than what kids might need. Our approach is to foster an environment of inclusion rather than program-driven exclusion. Just as Jesus welcomed children, we also embrace, value, and desire to have kids meaningfully involved with their families as we grow in the Lord together.
- We believe that families should worship together so that children will learn that they are an important part of something much bigger.
- We believe that integrating age-related groups for worship is essential to the healthy spiritual development of the entire worshiping community.
- We want children to grow up learning to tell God’s Story as they participate with others.
- We believe that telling God’s Story resonates with all age groups. Not to have children involved in telling God’s Story makes it incomplete.
- We want children to know and understand the importance of the holy sacraments (i.e. baptism, Table).
- We desire that children and adults welcome and interact with one another in abundant love and grace.
- We recognize that we have much to learn from our children and that we are not whole without them.
What about something for younger children?
Expert, loving care and teaching-- that's what we extend to families with small children during part of Sunday morning worship. Here's how it works:
During the teaching time, children (mobile through age 5) get together for learning especially crafted for them. Then they return in time for Communion with their families. The lessons are designed to go along with what the adults are learning so that families can share ideas and insights through the week.
- Worship buddies.
- More tools for kids and tools for parents.
- Intergenerational “Worship 101”.
- A Sunday morning service designed and led by children.
- Service projects, to both our community and the community at large, in which the children participate.
- Discipleship especially designed for kids.
- Bringing kids into church membership (J2J for kids).
- A day in the life of a kid/adult.
And for the future?
As we grow, we remain committed to organizing multi-generational social activities, mission opportunities, and discipleship studies outside of Sunday worship. Why? We want to build relationships.
Kind of exciting, isn’t it? Kids, and families together, are a big part of God’s story and can’t wait to see what He has in store for Epiclesis as this core conviction continues to motivate us.
Need more information? Want to know how you and your kids can participate? Please let us hear from you