During the Season of Lent, we’re going to walk together through several doable daily spiritual disciplines. The Evangelical Church today desperately needs disciplined followers of Christ. This Lent we plan to look at Scripture, several aspects of prayer, and also some practical spiritual things we can do together daily as we journey toward Easter.
Mark your calendars for an introductory session on Wednesday, February 24, at 7 PM (Pacific). The Zoom series will then continue for four more weeks, each Wednesday night at 7 PM, and end on March 24. Sessions will last about 75 minutes.
The series will be on Zoom, and Pastor Chris will be lead and broadcast from the Chapter House. You’re welcome to come. Please contact him if you plan to join in person.
Here are Your Study Guide Versions for Download:
1. Booklet version (print this document, landscape, and duplex, for best results).
2. Single Page View version (print this document, portrait, duplex if you like; or you can use it as a digital resource and have it opened on your device during our sessions).
Common Rule Helps and Downloads: You can get these items ahead of time if you like, but you don’t have to. We will refer to them, explain them during the session(s), and indicate when and how you might use them.
- The Habits at a Glance (simple one page sheet)
- Weekly Habits overview with descriptions
- Daily Habits overview with descriptions
- Sample Schedule/Template for Putting it All Together
- Prayers for Use in 3xs Daily Kneeling Prayer (simple one page sheet).
And another handy resource for you: Here is a lovely set of prayers for Lent compiled by Pastor Ellen.
We also recommend that you get a copy of the wonderful book from which we have drawn some of our spiritual disciplines and activities: The Common Rule: Habits of Purpose for an Age of Distraction, by Justin Earley.
Here are your Zoom connection instructions:
Meeting ID: 897 1303 0093
Or you have the option to join Zoom by telephone (audio only):
(213) 338-8477 or (669) 219-2599 or (669) 900-6833 or (253) 215-8782. (Same Meeting ID and Passcode as above)