Hey, everyone! We’ve just added some in-person opportunities for gathering– including prayer ministry, mid-week worship, movie time, and an outdoor worship service. Click here for all the details as they appeared in a recent eNewsletter.
Meanwhile, here’s the most recent Report from the Elders: 5/30/2020
Important information to share with you…
As we have prayed and discussed over the last few days, asking God for wisdom along the way, we are beyond grateful for your prayers and support. Bless you and thank you. Please keep up your prayers for us and one another as we attempt to balance all of our hearts’ desires to gather again with an appropriate concern for health.
A few important factors to share:
Our gracious and generous host church, Carmichael SDA (as well as the other fellowship that meets there on Sunday mornings) are still weeks away from gathering again. They have said we can resume whenever we like, but with the stipulation that we comply with county health regulations and guidelines. We believe that honoring our host’s request is right and godly.
The latest county guidelines, which were updated a few days ago, are set to expire and will be reevaluated in about two weeks. They say, among other things, that we can only have 25% of the room’s posted occupancy in attendance (which works out to about 22.5 people in our case), must take temperatures, observe social distancing, post official notices/guidelines in highly visible locations, strongly recommend wearing masks and not sing, and modify communion procedures.
What we think we should do for now:
Our sense is that a graduated re-launch with smaller groups and outdoor options is a better approach for right now, rather than going straight away to gathering at the chapel. This plan will be in effect for 2-3 weeks.
This graduated process will allow us, among other things: To show sensitivity to the at-risk persons in our community of faith; Provide opportunity for in-person contact and fellowship (all of us are very hungry for this); Maintain our virtual presence for all; See how county guidelines change, which they undoubtedly will; and Monitor the rise or fall of new cases after a very busy Memorial Day weekend and relaxation of public spaces.
Things out there are changing day by day. We want to remain agile and not make hard and fast decisions in advance. In about two weeks, we will reevaluate the move to gathering at the Chapel.
Additions to our current activities:
We are very anxious to be together, and so we want to introduce some in-person gatherings into our process for re-launching:
We will keep our Sunday morning, Wednesday night class (until its end), and Thursday morning meetings via Zoom and Facebook Live.
Meanwhile, we will add the following in-person meetings:
- A weekly in-person gathering for worship, prayer, Scripture, and communion at the Chapter House. There will be a limit of ten, and we’ll provide additional meetings if needed.
- Intercessory prayer meetings (individuals meeting with a prayer team much like we do on Sunday mornings), both at the Chapter House and virtually if desired.
- Outdoor gathering(s) at the Chapter House/park.
Your thoughts on time(s) and day(s) for these activities would be welcome.
What’s next? We ask you…:
- Please watch for and open email communications from Epiclesis, and also check the Epiclesis website and calendar often. We will have more details about these things for you very soon.
- Let any of us know if you have thoughts or questions. We care deeply and want to hear from you.
- Take care to look after one another, and let us know if you discover needs that we can help with, both within and outside of our community of faith.
- Encourage one another to be faithful with our biblical calling to support generously the ministry of the church with our time, talents, and treasure.
- Continue to be in prayer for us as we monitor and reevaluate things along the way.
We love you, miss you very much, and are praying in earnest for each of you.
The Epiclesis Elders
Chris Alford, Doug Asche, Rick Asche, Michael Bennett, Tracey Bennett, Donald Bowes, Heather Bowes, John Henderson, Toni Kerber, Ellen Koehler