We’re hoping you join Dr. Chris Alford and Dr. Teresa Gardner on the ancient paths in October, 2018, as we travel to Israel and Jordan.
Pastor Chris will lead worship and teaching during our trip. Dr. Gardner is known to many in the Epiclesis community for her visits to our church, her international dance ministry based in Charlotte, North Carolina, and her nearly 50 trips to Israel– a place she calls her second home. Along the way, we’ll have expert, local guides to supplement our journey.
And this trip includes TWO additional once-in-a-lifetime experiences: The stunning fortress of Masada, PLUS a journey to the ancient carved city of stone, Petra (Jordan). (Not to mention the unique experience of sifting archaeological material from the Temple Mount!).
We will also see: the Dead Sea, Ein Gedi, Qumran, Capernaum, Caesarea, the Mount of Beatitudes, Tiberias, Caesarea Philippi, Golan Heights, Mt. Carmel, all the major sites in Jerusalem, and the beautiful Eilat.
- Our total, all-inclusive price has now been finalized (based upon 30 travelers): $4,950 (this is about $400 less than our original estimate). Please note that a significant change in number of travelers (up or down) may affect the price.
- We will depart out of San Francisco on Wednesday, October 10. The trip dates are October 10-23, 2018.
- Here is the payment schedule for your planning (recommended to us by our partner at the Obed Project): $300 down payment due March 1; $2,325 due May 1; $2,325 due June 1.
- You MUST download and read the Terms and Conditions. And, most important, you MUST download and mail (with your deposit) the Registration Form by March 1, 2018.
- One more very important reminder: You MUST have a valid U.S. Passport that is current all the way through April 23 of 2019 (six months after our return to the States). This is an Israeli Government requirement. Check your U.S. Passport.
Questions? Please email Pastor Chris.
All Your Handy Information Downloads:
Want to see all the places we’ll visit? Have some more questions?
Here’s the trip brochure, but please see the next link down (below) for the most recent and updated version of the itinerary. (PLEASE NOTE: The brochure is laid out for print-readiness and should be printed out, both sides, and assembled for best viewing).
Here’s a stand-alone copy of the very latest trip itinerary (as of 2/16/18). (The main changes include some additional sites and moving the Petra visit toward the beginning of the trip, rather than at the end).
Here’s the very latest list of FAQs for this trip.
Fun and informational audiovisual resources:
- Enjoy this 7 minute fly-over tour of the Holy Land.
- Here’s a YouTube link (and then several more associated) of an interactive, 360-degree video experience of walking through the Old City of Jerusalem! And, please note, this same thread of videos features many places we’ll be visiting! (titled “Israel 360 Video English” produced by the Texas International Bible Institute).
- If you’d like to see an episode (YouTube) of “Time Scanners” about the ancient carved city of stone, Petra, please click here. (“Time Scanners,” a National Geographic production, is a series using cutting-edge 3D laser-scanning technology to put history’s great buildings to the test, exploring the secrets of how the world’s most iconic engineering creations were constructed).
- Check out this story about how archaeologists in Israel have announced the discovery of a large 1,500-year-old pool and elaborate fountain at the site of an ancient church near Jerusalem (photo, right).
- Here’s a lovely photo gallery of pictures of the stunning “Rose City” of Petra, one of our tour stops.
- A short (2.5 minute) film about Masada (featuring spectacular drone footage).